Saturday, February 16, 2008

- that clean house smell...

i went on a cleaning rampage today and i'm still not finished. i cant believe how much dust this old house creates. or is it us? idk, but I started at one end of the and worked my way thru, like any good housewife would - ok so i'm not a housewife - but i play one on tv.

i'm working on my old office and moving things around, noticing that my furniture is coming out nice & shiney and smelling all orangy and stuff. i move on to the family room and do the same and catch a little overspray in my eyes as I spray the wall shelves and my faux japanese maple tree, that everyone thinks is "something else"...ok that burns. no biggie...i'm feeling the clean...living room...looking all lovely and shiney, weird that the poofy white glob of furniture polish isnt coming out like usual - but whatev...dining room...starting from the top of course, i dust and wash and get halfway across the monster dining room table . i grab the can to spray another section and my eye catches the word "active" on the can. feeling perplexed, i wonder why my furniture polish is active. my eyes wash over the rest of the orange can now and i am crapping myself as i realize that not only is my house now sweatproof, but it is also saved from the ravish of mosquitoes that carry the west nile virus.



the real debacle is trying to decide whether or not i shoudl finish the table using the bug repellent or use my real furniture polish, in its orange can, still under my kitchen sink.

i reason that the outcome of using two different products would yield an unsavory finish on my black french oak table and continue spraying my active sweatproof OFF...

it sure is shiney.

1 comment:

  1. THAT is hilarious!!!!!!! I've done something similar....read this post....

    http://therealroxann.blogspot.com/2007/04/why-are-some-of-gods-creatures-so.html

    ReplyDelete