Wednesday, February 6, 2008

have i been taken for a ride?

yes, indeed i have...and it began last year, when some company called me stating that they were renewing magazine subscriptions - - i was led to believe they were renewing it on behalf of the magazine...but i just came to the realization that I'VE BEEN SCHNOOKERED

because they called me again the other day, telling me thank you for doing business with us last year yada yada yada...this time they wanted to sell me a subscription that would benefit special olympics of Ohio...and the last words out of their mouth was that I would get an invoice in the mail and a special letter from the whoever at special olympics. ok - i am not doubting that they are donating on my behalf to special olympics, however...when they mentioned my payment would be 5 installments of 9.99 for 15 issues - it didnt register in my head until after i hung up the phone.

i've been had. not once, but twice. 50.00 dollars for a 15 issue subscription!!! not this time buddy! i hopped on MM website because i KNEW it didnt cost that much for me in the past! in fact 19.99 for 18 issues ...

they charged me over 30.00 more for the subscription and special olympics gets only 12.5%!! that comes to a grand total of $6.24

riiiiiight - eat me DIAL-AMERICA. the only trouble I am having right now is whether i should send your bill back with a nasty note or just call you up and tell you what i think.

3 comments:

  1. OMG! Did that really happen? Man, the nerve of some people! Things like that are why my family and I have just one charity we donate to. We call it our "official charity of choice". The Juvinile Diabetes Research Foundation. 3 Guesses why! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep its true - like I said - i dont doubt they are donating some of the proceeds - but i'm trying to figure out why its necessary to charge so much and give back so little - especially when they are marking up ON RETAIL! Or heck maybe they ARE getting the magazine at a wholesale price which would make it even MORE deplorable!! that takes gahonnies. see LY they called and said my subscription to memory makers was expiring and they could renew it for me..they didnt charge me what seemed like a really high cost (it certainly wasnt 50.00)...they made it sound like they were a contracted company calling me on behalf of MM. So i went ahead and re-subbed.

    I sent them their bill back with a printed copy of my blog entry (no dog poop rox)and told them they need to remove my name from their lists or I will file a complaint. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! In times like these, we don't need people pretending to do good taking us for our every last dollar!

    ReplyDelete