Friday, February 22, 2008

have you ever cleaned out your washer?

today I inadvertantly poured my detergent into the fabric softener well. its the kind that sits on top of the agitator. i think about doing that every dang time i go to put detergent in and hope that I dont do it. I was even thinking to myself - {dont put the detergent in the softerner well} as I poured it in.

so cursing myself, i unscrewed the top and went to pour the detergent out into the basin and decided to look down the hole of the agitator to see how it dispensed the softener.

omg. i will spare the details, but let me just say this. if you have a washer like this. dont look down the hole.

you will never want to wash your clothes in there again.

so i am off with rubber gloves and a gallon of bleach (which will kill my septic system) to scrub the hole.

i just have to figure out which kitchen utensil will fit appropriately.

2 comments:

  1. Ooooohhh! I used to have that kind of machine. It is gross. And it smells, too.

    Good luck!

    R

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROFL, too funny. We have an OLD machine, so im sure i don't want to look.

    y

    ReplyDelete