Thursday, March 20, 2008

philly cheesesteaks

we are off to philadelphia today for a long weekend to pretend we are nicholas cage (yum) on a mission to find a secret treasure. indeed, we love love love that movie (National Treasure) and it inspired us and our friends, the Dhayer Family, to take an 8 hour drive to go check out philly. time permitting, we will swing south thru DC - stop in Hershey to smell the chocolate, then pittsburgh for a stop to the Ikea store.

i have a mini kit packed and my hp photo printer and we will be keeping travelogues of our adventure.

oh. and eating at every philly cheesesteak joint we can find.

9 comments:

  1. OMG! cheesesteak and chocolate. you are one lucky girl! Ikea sounds like fun...i should go there this weekend. thanks for the idea.
    also check out my blog and take your turn.=D

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love that movie too! Have a great time! Say hi to DC for me, lived there for 4 years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you know I've never had a Philly Cheesesteak?!?! Eat one for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so how was your philly trip?i've been thinking about blondfabulous, is there anything we can do for her or her three beautiful children????

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm at a loss for words on that. obviously she must be gone, or else she would have posted since the 19th and there is no email address to reach her, even if she had email access. I dont know what to do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh and as for philly - quite educational! an amazing trip. we barely scratched the surface so we want to go back definately. Didnt make it to gettysburg or DC (already been there - but want to go back too) but we did go to hershey! yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm here, I'm here! I had to wait until today for the phoe company to switch over the internet. Man.....3 days with out internet almost killed me. Luckily I had my cell phone with internet access.
    Email is nicolewetherington1972@yahoo.com.
    Thanks for the good thoughts!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just heard, the other day, about the Philly Cheesesteaks. They must be super! (was talked about on Fox) Next time I go to Jersey, will HAVE TO find those. Eeeeks with calories?

    ReplyDelete
  9. thin sliced steak, grilled with green & red peppers, onions, mushrooms & provolone on a hoagie roll. been eating them since I can remember, but something about eating one IN philly put a whole new twist on it :-) kinda like manhattan style pizza, which only New Yorkers know how to make. Cant find any in ohio LOL

    ReplyDelete