Saturday, June 7, 2008

you know that sinking feeling you get...

when you JUST DELETED 4 GB's worth of pictures from your flash drive after you thought you had successfully transfered them to your 500 gb hard drive?

oh

well I DO!!

I've been sick to my stomach for the past 3 days. I filled up my 4 gb flash (yeah can you believe that?) with all those soccer & baseball action shots. I got some really amazing shots of thom in action - just amazing.

Well i got a new external hd to hold all my pics - i thought I had dumped the card on it so i hit the DELETE button.

I went back to the HD a day or 2 later and N O T H I N G
i wanted to die.

I, in my tech junkie fashion, decided to look for a flash recovery program and i found it here - it is scanning my drive as we speak and I am seeing all those pictures come back

I swear. everyone should have this. it is the best 40.00 I am about to spend. (i'm on the free version right now to see if it actually works. it does.)

HERE: http://www.diskinternals.com/order.shtml

3 comments:

  1. OMG!! I would have just cried! That's why I have my Flickr Pro account. I put all our pictures on there as well as on the computer. If I ever lose something on the computer, I have my back up to rely on. I am such a worry wort!

    Glad you got your stuff back

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know EXACTLY how you feel. Something like that happened to me a couple of years ago and I was inconsolable. My husband wanted to just move out. That feeling of uncontrol left me totally out-of-control. I'm so glad you were able to get yours back. I too, was able to call a computer geek and he retrieved all my missing photos. Unbelieveable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was definately near tears - and as soon as my favorite shots are recovered I will share them and you will know why I was feeling like an ass so badly. I have two other external HD's - one for "real" work and one for personal stuff - which included pictures. (because i dont trust the internal computer hd)---so anyway I bought a 500gb JUST for photos. I transfered all the ones off my computer drives - no problem. I am actually thinking someone or something skimmed the "enter" button on the keyboard, which would have resulted in a "cancel file transfer" because when i got up from the computer- i was seeing the transfer happen on screen.

    Oh Well!

    ReplyDelete