Monday, June 16, 2008

calling all crafters! contest! contest! contest!

ok- so we're having a little contest of our own.

1. make a project ... anything goes! mix it up - be creative!
2. using any one (or more) of the manufacturers listed over there at the sidebar
(please use currently available product, old product that is hard to find will be automatic disqualification)
3. send a good nice bright photo of it (outdoors if you can-best light) to:
create@thepinktomato.com
4. see if you can win!

25 prize boxes of crafty goodness will be given away :
20 - $20.00 retail value goodie boxes for top 20 projects.
5 - $50.00 retail value for the top 5 projects that we use for feature workshops!

DEADLINES: email your submission by 7/4/08
CONTEST RESULTS will be posted on 7/25/08 here on the PT blog and on the PT website, http://www.thepinktomato.com/

winners will be notified by email with further instructions on how to send in your original projects.

please note, however, by sending your winning submission to us, means you understand that the projects become the property of Crafty Girls LLC for its use in store displays, advertising and/or workshops. Full credit for your design will be given to you on all in-store & print & web advertising.

10 comments:

  1. Oh YES!!!! I'm on this!!! Awesome girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am SO excited about The Pink Tomato (far more excited than I should be, being that I am in Florida. . .and you are in Ohio, and I will probably never even GO to Ohio. . ..)but i am SUPER Excited because your store looks like its going to be DARLING. So I really must know. . .WHY Pink Tomato?

    ReplyDelete
  3. funny you should ask about pink tomato. i'm just one of those people who thinks this crap up and tucks it away for later use. it originally was for a private label embroidery line - but I was just too dang busy to do anything with it (we are in the embroidery business too)but i like it enough to just continue using it as a creative identity and then the store was born of it.

    anyway - I came from Florida too. Was in W Palm Beach (along with my friend just above you, Hilary Kanwischer) I owned a store there called the Paperie. I lived in Florida from 1993 to 2004 and moved back to Ohio in 2005.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very fun!!!! well, my maiden name sounded almost like tomato, so inevitably i was called Tomato through my entire childhood. Eventually I sort of embraced it, and "Tomato" just became my nickname - and has stuck with me even now that i am married and have a good ol' normal last name! The problem comes with people who DIDN'T know me THEN. . .they are like, "Umm, why do you have a tomato liscense plate?" and "Why does your email address have TOMATO in it?" Tee hee!! I am DEFINITELY going to keep tabs on you!!! If you ever need a long distance tomato design team member. .. .wink wink, well, you let me know!!! ;) (and you can always reach me at tomatoL at aol dot com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, I haven't scrapped in a few months, but I think this may get the mojo a flowin' again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. would i be considered a chafrater...i can't even spell it...crafter...????... i once threw away some awful ruby red beads once that my momm had been savings to put some worms for fishing in the box it come out of...is that crafting?

    ReplyDelete
  7. thats pretty dang crafty putz! a better term would be evil!

    I sure hope they werent REAL RUBIES!

    ReplyDelete
  8. question!!!! does ink have to be from someone on that list too?

    ReplyDelete
  9. it would be great - but no - you dont have to...we have tons of ink from different places - so it wont matter much

    ReplyDelete
  10. awesome :) thanks!!! that's the only thing that I can't pull from your list for!!

    ReplyDelete