Thursday, June 26, 2008

family photos

i'm the picture taker in house. i rarely ever jump in and try to be in the picture. i hate that i often dont photograph as well i used to. but it really sucks that down the road, in the future, my kids and their kids and their kids, are not going to have many pictures of me to look at.


I hate that thought.

that they wont know who i am.

pictures tell stories. everyday moments.
as i look through the pictures of my youth, my parents and my ancestors, even without any scrapbooks around, i am able to put myself inside the photograph and imagine what was happening at that single moment when the flash blub went off.

so - lesson for the day.

dont be a camera hog.

let someone else take the pictures. do it often. even if you arent at your best. even if you are feeling ugly.

thanks denise. for taking my camera away from me. for this picture. i love this.



9 comments:

  1. I'm the picture taker as well. I just have this knack for looking at the family and seeing a great picture, but I just don't hand over the camera that easily and end up not in many.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CHANGE YOUR WAYS!

    I'm certainly trying to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just lost my blog....but what is interestin is a i place myself in pictures with that person and imagine what their day is like, even with dead people, as i go back and do family history, i picture myself with that dead person in heaven having conversations with them, hannah hibbert come to american for religious freedom, and gave me my religion as a moron(mormon) and i picture her all the time

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that the mormon religion takes so seriously the value of family history & ancestry. My Uncle did extensive research on my fathers side of the family. He provided us with the family tree as well as all kinds of interesting documents, like old wills, birth certificates & death certificates. Being in the scrapbook business has made it difficult for me to throw the little things away. I am no where near complete on my own family's scrapbooks, but I have a wealth of interesting things to put in it ;-)


    sigh

    someday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great picture!!!
    I only get pics of me when I take them, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HEY GURLFRIEND!!!...thanks for stopping by my blog..i'm planning a trip to your opening and may treat myself to few things since my 46th burf-day is the 6th..i can't wait to see your store and of course to meet you!..i'm rarely in pictures..if you do happen to see me is because i've mounted the camera up in the air aimiing at me READY AIM FIRE!...there you have it..i'm the official picture taker in my house..plus i love taking pictures of my grandson..i'm going to try one of the challlnges..i just dont know if i have have the products you're looking for..oh well, I'LL DO MY BEST..luv ya gurl...remain blessed!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey - even one little thing from anything listed there would be great! the idea is show the product in use...do have FUN with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, so I realized a long time ago that I was NEVER in the pictures, so I started taking a lot of pics with myself in the pic....but I still try to be the picture taker....so it's always obvious I'm trying to stretch my arm out to take the shot. Oh well...I love em' anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  9. girl...you're such a hottie! =D

    ReplyDelete