Monday, September 3, 2007

what the hell was that?

so i havent really been using this as much as a blog as i have my own creative gallery. i decided to change that today. i didnt choose today at random. i just decided it would be a good thing to actually start saying something. my other musings are over at scrapbook.com. its 4:30 and i am having my afternoon coffee after a long labor day weekend. literally. you know, i found out that a lot of youngsters these days (hey - i still think i am youngster - thats weird) actually think that labor day is a military holiday. in fact i never even thought much about it until saturday when i stopped in our embroidery shop and a gal that works for us had made some window signs. it stated that we would be closed on labor day. and then she included a nice little piece of clipart showing a uniformed officer giving a salute. it dawned on me at that moment that it wasnt a military holiday. i never really knew what it was, but it wasnt military. so i decided to wiki it.

so its supposed to be a day of rest for the working man (and woman). i suppose i should have laid around on the sofa watching movies and gorging myself all day, but i didnt. i accomplished a lot on this day off. i finished up my back hallway which i painted red.

i also finally started my altered table project, after 2 years.


it was a clumsy day too for me. is that a sign of getting old?
holy crap what was that?? thats me in the kitchen freaking out after hearing a loud crash. i'm thinking baby swing fell apart - with baby in it - so i'm running thru the house to the room with the swing, eyeballing the floor along the way to make sure it wasnt something else instead. i reach baby and he's fine and he's sleeping and swinging away. what a life. so i keep going, thru my office, nothing. i reach the back hallway (that had just been freshly painted) and to my horror, my wall shelf, which had a framed piece of stamped art and a burning candle had crashed from above - spewing hot dark orange candle wax e v e r y w h e r e. there was an upside to this, i decided. it gave me the opportunity to finally see what was under the carpet on the step - something i had thought about off & on over that 48 hours while i was painting.



i also decided it was worthy of photographic documentation. i dunno - i guess because it was one of those things that really just annoyed me today because it was one more thing added to my list of things stopping me from getting what i really wanted to get done. it was like the fly-away hair that kept tickling my nose --- after my day at the salon saturday i was was so wanting to cut off all the hair i had been growing out - just becasue of that one freaking hair. or just when i am at a point i can really dig into my projects, the baby wakes up and wants fed. soooo, i go grab my camera. my prized possession. the one i paid all that money for. the one i never keep in the bag because i need it handy at all times. the one i just bought that awesome new lense for!
OMG!!
as if the horror of spilled wax wasnt enough to make my day, as i grab my camera, the neck strap catches something and the camera jerks out of my hands and goes crashing to the floor. my brand new lense. shattered. OMG.






No comments:

Post a Comment