Friday, September 7, 2007

i'm sure its nothing...

I'm going to go ahead and share my past week's experience. this is something worthy enough to document and where better than a blog? I mean I'm no good at journaling and because this computer is in my face all day, its an easy outlet. I mentioned last week to my design team friends that I went for my very first mammogram. we were talking about age and growing up and birthdays. like kerry said - she celebrated the 12th anniversary of her 29th birthday last week. no one likes to talk about these things as it really is a sucky thing to grow old. anyway, they called me back a couple days later and wanted me to come in for more x-rays. wow. how serious could this be really, nothing ever happens to me right? i hardly ever even get sick. so i went this morning (Cleveland Clinic) - they took like 8 more x-rays of each side and determined there was a spot that they needed to get a closer look at. So they took me in for an ultrasound. and again, the ultrasound showed an area that the doctor felt was important enough to get a biopsy. sooooo. I am going again on the 18th for a consult with the surgeon and we'll go from there. needless to say this is a little unnerving. but i'm sure its nothing, geez i just had a baby so it has to be related to that somehow, right? nonetheless, for someone who never cries, i've sure had my share of tears today.

4 comments:

  1. don't worry sweetie...i'm sure your fine. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you, I'm with Angela, I bet you're just fine. I'm sending you happy thoughts :-).

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks you two! its pretty agonizing on the head to think about it sooo i try to put it out of my mind. I called my family doctor yesterday to try and get in for a second opinion before I go see the surgeon. shes got me coming in on monday the 17th. my consultation with the surgeon is on the 18th...woah! i dunno - i guess I am thinking in some weird way my regular doctor will tell me that cleveland clinic is over-reacting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking for an update but don't see it. What is the news? I'm sure it's some pregnancy hormone thing. WHAT'S THE LATEST!!??!?!

    ReplyDelete