New Years day isnt even through and I am already thinking about Valentines day and Next Christmas. I get it honestly through 20 years in the retail/import business. I have always lived my life in seasons---a year ahead of time.
I also have most of my holiday shopping done for next year thanks to the after christmas 75% off clearance sales...heehee. I hate that. It feels cheap, dirty & underhanded. But i feel good that all the "extra curricular" gifts are done, packed in a tote, and in storage.
This is a Valentine tree I made today.
I plan to change the tree decorations with each season, updating with new photos, colors & designs. Next christmas this will be THE gift for the grandma's in our family. Each holiday they will also get a new set of photo decorations to hang on their trees. Oh look...another christmas gift done - forever. I rock.
Basic Grey Patterned Paper in 2x2 squares
Maya Road Wings Keychain chipboard
Melissa Frances Pink Glitter Heart Chipboard
Pearl Pigment ink
Darice Metal Heart Charms
Glitter Pens in Bronze/Copper
Rubber Coated Metal Tree from Ikea
Cricut with Doodle Charms & Accent Essentials Cartridges
Tim Holtz Tea Dye distress ink
Gather six 1x1" closeup photos
1) Cut six 3.5" Doodle Charms Scalloped Hearts from the Elan Metallics Bronze cardstock
2) Cut six 4" Accent Essentials Bracketed Solid Frame (in Shift Mode)
3) ink edges of all pieces with tea dye distress ink
4) use pearl ink on the chipboard wings and add a coat of pink stickles with a paint brush
5) adhere hearts to the background frames
6) layer & collage patterned paper, photos, wings, hearts & charms
7) Punch hole in top and feed two ends of the raffia from the back of the frame thru to the front and tie a bow, leaving the loop to the back of the frame for hanging.
8) hang on tree branches
9) add extra decoration with ribbon, ribbon slides, rhinestones to the tree as desired